Thursday, July 23, 2009

Wire Frames


"So what's all this weird lookin stuff?" you might ask, well gimme a sec and I'll tell you.. sheesh...
These are 'little Viking dude'-scale dioramas that I am building. Turns out pictures of the wire-frame stage aren't very exciting.. most of the shots I took are confusing. I'm pretty sure though that once I 'foil em up the extra demension will pop a little and youse guys's will be able to see the piece a little better.
So this is the little guy from before... He's jumping off the longship from above, and trying to make it onto shore.
These guys are still a little undecided... If you look at the base, you can see that I made them extra large. I can use these wire skeletons for either scaled-up Vikings, just to show I can make my characters big and detailed... or I can make them extra huge Giants, or some other monster and place my smaller models in there too just to show the size difference. Giants were big in those days man.. not just a few feet taller than you, but like 5-6 times taller. Think about it....



Cliff-side splashing sea monster!! AHHH
So if anyone reading this knows a bit about Viking mythology, they might know that Loki and his giant wife had three... abominations i guess you could call them.. for children. This is one of them.
This serpent is famous for defeating Thor at the battle of Ragnarok. Thor kills him with his trusty hammer first, but Jormungandr's poison eventually falls the mighty Asgardian. Everyone is sad now... sorry guys.



This is another child of Loki and Angrboda, his name is Fenrir, and he is most famous for swallowing Odin in one bite at the beginning of the battle of Ragnarok. Don't get too upset, one of Odin's sons immediatley steps in (to his face) and breaks his top jaw up off his bottom jaw (Kind of like the episode of Batman with the alligators in the sewer...awesome episode btw)

No comments:

Post a Comment